Woo this one is AWESOME! I found this awesome nightgown? thing and I'll admit, I tried it on and thought- there is no way I can make this cool. There just really isn't....
It made me want to take a nap :)
And it had some epic holes at the top.
And not to mention this SUPER fantastic lace collar!
To start- have your minion help you.
I cut the sleeves off.
Close up on this collar. It's pretty awesome!
But it needed to leave so I cut it off. I cut it off (ILO seam ripping) because the seam was exposed to the outside so it would have to be turned over anyway. This just made the process faster.
I wanted it to have a 60's flare (and not look like a giany box) so I cut a triangle out of the armpit area.
So now it looks more like this.
Since I'm petite, the shoulders are often too large. A quick and easy fix is to this is to sew the shoulder across and make it smaller.
I then sewed the sides smaller so the top of the dress would fit.
I cut it short and then hemmed all of the raw edges.
New dress and my new fantastic sign!
I paired it with a belt since I generally like dresses that are fitted at the waist.
These awesome pockets are still there too!
Unbelted it is a fun 60's dress.
I liked the way the pattern looked when it was blurry.
Hi! I'm Katie. I am a fun loving, adventurous DIY-er, designer and artist. You can find my artwork here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/3000yardsofthread