I found this fantastic awkward pink dress with buttons all down the front and a back tie. This dress had a lot going on. ...none of it flattered me.
Oh and did I mention that it had shoulder pads :)
I decided I wanted to try and pleat the bottom of the dress to make it shorter and give it visual interest. If you need help with pleats, ask your sewing buddy to lend a hand.
I started the pleating by folding the pleats and then pinning them down. I them ironed them on a much higher setting then is probably recommended, but hey, it worked :)
This dress already had alot of seams so I sewed the pleats down on them.
I had to take the armpit area in slightly because the top was saggy off me in a not so flattering way.
Hi! I'm Katie. I am a fun loving, adventurous DIY-er, designer and artist. You can find my artwork here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/3000yardsofthread