I've had this awesome blue dress hanging up in my closet for a while and today was the perfect warm day to pull it out and give it a make-over!
It tied in the back so you could make it fit better. I liked that feature except that it was super hard to tie by yourself!
...but then it had SHOULDER PADS and this crazy flap thing that really didn't make a whole lot of sense...
First I cut out the shoulder pads. It was critical to get rid of these bad boys so I could see if the sleeves could be saved.
Then I cut off the length since it was not doing anything for me.
Then I hemmed it. Not pictured: I also sewed the top of the sleeve to the top of the neckline so the sleeve and shoulder area would be smaller. I did this by lining them up and sewing a few stitches.
Tada! New summer dress!
Hi! I'm Katie. I am a fun loving, adventurous DIY-er, designer and artist. You can find my artwork here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/3000yardsofthread