I'm a bit of a huge fan of Disney. I really need a way to go there like all the time!
I love how they keep reinventing unique ways to tell the same stories about classic Disney stories. This one in particular, Disney's Descendants, tells the story about the kids from evil Disney villains.
Project length: 1 frustrating evening + 1 productive morning. You'll see why.
I wanted the dress to be light purple. Normally material is soaked in the dye for 30 mins. I soaked the fabric in the dye for about 1-2 mins so it would be light purple and not dark purple. I then put it in the washer on a light cycle and then the dryer. I wasn't sure if the sparkles on this dress would stay on. They did! But I did get glitter EVERYWHERE.
Oh, and I totally have YELLOW FABRIC SCISSORS.
When I saw these, I squeaked in the store!
You can also see the difference in color between the layers of this dress.
*also- this stuff would not dewrinkle. I tried putting it in the dryer, I tried steaming it, ironing it. It was wrinkle city!*
Looking at it now, it doesn't look that bad...but it also doesn't look like what I was going for.
When I woke up, the dress still looked wrong. So I ran to my garage and grabbed this wedding dress. This is actually the first wedding dress I ever bought. (I won't tell you how many I have now, but I always welcome more to my collection ;) )
This one is covered in stains, but it is absolutely huge which equals=lots of fabric!
While waiting for the new material to wash, I pulled the dress apart, added more material to the top ruffle and then pinned the daylights out of this dress.
It was puffy and sticking out everywhere.
I decided to make the tough call and pull this dress apart for a THIRD time and get rid of the top layer all together.
I can't image what the inspiration dress must look like, but my mom suggested that it probably has alot of layers under it. So I grabbed my extra material, the underneath and started cutting.
Look at all these ties!
And guess what. I tied them all up. By myself. #IamtheDIYexpert