Well, unfortunately, you have to have a name for your company or blog and it needs a couple of things:
1. Be Concise- Names need to be short. End of story.
2. Be memorable- Whatever it is, make sure it is memorable enough and easy enough to remember. I was told verbally yesterday at work that I needed to get with a member of the "fasa" team, or was it Faspa? Or was it FASFA? If this wasn't a work thing and say it was a business I was trying to Google, I would have never found it again.
3. Make it obvious- You do not have to hit them over the head with it but a little bit of obvious goes along way. For instance, I could name my business "Katie". But that tells you NOTHING. If I name it "Katie's Bakery" , "Katie's Photography" , "Katie's Design." You get the point.
4. Make it so random that is so memorable that being obvious doesn't matter.- I come from a design background and designers are kind of wacky. One of my friends works for Frog Design. I'll give you a hint, they don't make frogs, green things or slimy things. But it is a really memorable name because it is so random.
5. Make it personal- When people ask me, what should I name my business, I normally tell them this first- Think of a story. My Etsy store is called 3000 Yards of Thread. When I was 16 years old my mother brought me a serger sewing machine. Serger's thread comes in a cone of 3000 yards. It has been my goal to use an entire roll of serger thread. (Still working on this goal!)
6. Test it out with friends- the above conversation is one that I had with my sister when I was trying to decide on my name
7. Stay Neutral and avoid potential controversial names - My best friend wanted to open a shop on Etsy to sell knitted goods. She asked me if the name "HokieAlumni" was a good name. (We both graduated from Virginia Tech) Now, I'll admit, I love my college and my Hokies, but naming it very specifically could turn away potential buyers. Someone who hates the Hokies, might not buy my product just because I am a Hokie.
8. If you chose it and then change your mind, CHANGE IT.